Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Merchandising Department located at our head office in Richmond, BC currently has opportunities for:
Merchandise Buyer / Corporate Buyer
This position is a senior buying position responsible for the purchasing and managing of, Industrial office products Maintenance contracts, and corporate purchases.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff & management.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
- Proven strong negotiation skills.
- Initiative to isolate and solve problems.
- Have a strong eye for detail.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Broad technical and physical product knowledge.
- Experience with the latest versions of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & TASKS:
- Management and negotiation of all maintenance service contracts such as signs, lighting, garbage disposal, floor cleaning, HVAC, cooler, elevators, escalators, etc.
- Management and negotiation of all lease and service contracts for business machines, money counters, coin sorters, etc.
- Purchase all everyday supplies and special orders for each store and all head office departments.
- Be aware of all relevant product trends and have the ability to brief management as to the significance of such trends and their possible impact on London group as it pertains to industrial purchases. Such analysis must include technical and competitive issues.
- Review all supply product records and correct any errors or omissions as they occur.
- Test sample, supply products, and report the results of such tests.
- Purchase new and replacement furniture for all Departments.
- Purchase bags for store use, all in-store fixturing and merchandising aids.
- Purchase Pharmacy labels and brochures.
- All new and replacement equipment orders for stores (including appliances, shopping carts and baskets).
- Management of the coffee / water program for all stores and Head Office departments.
- Management of London Drugs imprinted apparel program.
- Negotiate deals and promotions from both manufacturers and vendors.
- Purchase and replenish of all business forms for Head Office, DSC and Stores.
- Negotiate London Drugs Uniform contracts for all store depts.
- Upon request by Management, travel throughout Canada, the United States, Europe or the Orient.
London Drugs is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
If you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a basic understanding of company policies and procedures, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
London Drugs offers advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Health & Wellness (We repay up to 100% of your YM/YWCA gym membership)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)