Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Marketing Department located at our head office in Richmond, BC currently has opportunities for:
Content Marketing - Editor
The Content Marketing Editor is responsible for planning, writing, editing, proofing articles for internal and external online and print publications; maintaining consistency of style, quality, and content to support London Drugs’ corporate storytelling strategy. This includes the maintenance of an ongoing content marketing calendar to support the company’s initiatives.
This position will research and develop inspiring content for multiple marketing channels (Social, Digital, and Print) in order to grow London Drugs’ online presence and audiences aligned through real stories of who we are, what we do, and the people we serve. The role requires an ability to communicate strongly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team coordination skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Professional image, reflecting positively on the company.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Able to manage multiple content and broadcast projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in confidence and possess political awareness around regulations management and public relations.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Retail Marketing experience an asset.
- Deep understanding of Social Media, its various channels and communication styles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience an asset.
- Familiarity with the stages of publication development from conducting independent research and interviewing subject matter experts, to advising on presentation and collaborating with authors, designers, and production and marketing teams.
- Creative thinker with previous experience in writing, editing and proofreading, as well as interviewing subject matter experts and members of the public in order to develop personal stories.
- Experience working in a highly regulated public sector organization preferred.
- Experience providing guidance on voice and tone and in-house editorial standards to support organization’s brand and message for a range of channels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Portfolio of relevant writing/project samples.
- Working with the Manager, develops story ideas and content; writes, edits, and proofreads marketing content for internal and external channels including web, social media, print materials and publications;
- Maintains an annual editorial calendar that aligns with company strategic objectives, while supporting tactical content creation that reflects immediate opportunities.
- Researches and interviews internal and external subject matter experts to develop stories and content aligned to our business objectives and brand guidelines; ability to tailor the story for a variety of platforms and channels.
- Actively participates in the development and roll out of the content strategy across channels to share key stories, facts, and outcomes more effectively with our stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal teams to pitch story ideas, align monthly content plans and manage the departmental content calendar; prepare and present content strategies and plans for a variety of audiences.
- Review and edit a range of materials such as brochures, signage, displays, posters, newsletters and deliver marketing materials with prescribed corporate style and standards.
- Demonstrate tact and professionalism when faced with high pressure situations such as multiple, tight deadlines, and last-minute London Drugs requests.
- Assists other departments with editing and publishing needs; provides technical advice regarding London Drugs style objectives, targeting material to the audience, and publication standards and procedures.
If you have a positive, mature, outgoing leadership style, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
London Drugs offers advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Health & Wellness (We repay up to 100% of your YM/YWCA gym membership)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)