Not just a job
- a community
- a partnership
- a team
You’ll experience them all with the TLD and CustomWorks team.
As rapidly growing Corporate sub divisions of London Drugs, TLD Computers Group has been a leader in Corporate IT solutions in Western Canada for over 30 years and CustomWorks Group has been designing, supplying and installing innovative Audio Video Commercial Systems and Multi Residential Solutions for over 20 years.
Working alongside each other as sister organizations, TLD and CustomWorks create a distinctive , integrated group of professionals that work as a team. We offer unique expertise in IT and AV fields in one source, with the best technology solutions for our customers.
We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Head Office in Richmond, BC currently has opportunities for:
Audio Visual Technician
This role focuses on the installation, set up, testing and service of Audio Visual Systems including digital displays, projectors, equipment racks, speakers, touch screen control systems and networking for commercial and residential clients. This includes pre-existing systems and new systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- To properly install all the equipment and wiring necessary for the functional operation of audio/video systems sold by the custom audio/video department.
- To perform advance installations, Calibration and programming of advance audio/video equipment.
- To ensure the use of proper types of wires that are required to meet audio/video performance specifications and the building safety standards.
- To ensure that the audio/video wiring, brackets, and electronics are installed in a manner that will meet audio/video performance specifications, the building safety standards and not cause any safety and legal liability issues with the customer.
- To perform pick-ups and deliveries pertaining to the service of custom audio/video equipment for CustomWorks.
- To be in charge of maintaining and keeping track of the service issues related to the customers of the CAVS team.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff, and management.
• Experience in the AVS Sector.
• Proven experience as an AVS installer.
• Possession of a Technical College Degree or Certificate.
• Basic computer and network knowledge.
• Experience with Crestron and Extron would be a benefit.
• A strong knowledge of audio/video equipment, wiring and set-up.
• A strong knowledge in current electronics and their functions overall.
• Experience in electrical systems installations and audio/video custom installations (presentation, conference, digital signage, audio and more).
• A strong knowledge in the use of standard and power tools.
• Desire to learn new technologies and to keep up with industry changes.
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counselling)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
Employees will be scheduled 40 hours per week with flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet project requirement/timelines.
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.