Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! We currently have opportunities for:
Assistant Store Manager
In conjunction with the Store Manager and in the Store Manager’s absence, the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assuming full control and accountability for the entire operation, including employee relations, retail operations, meeting financial benchmarks, maintaining merchandising standards (including compliance with all mandatory displays and planograms) and maintenance of the physical plant.
Applicants must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment while at the same time providing quality service in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner.
Minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- 3 years retail management experience.
- An effective leadership style.
- A strong work ethic, with a high degree of integrity.
- A decisive approach, with the ability to make things happen.
- A firm, fair and consistent manner of dealing with subordinates.
- A dedication to following and enforcing all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, employees, and management.
- Ability to train, coach, and develop management and staff in their current positions and in preparation for advancement.
This role will be scheduled 40 hours per week and must be available to work a flexible schedule, Monday through Sunday, for day and evening shifts.
Benefits & Compensation
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive, optional medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling and support)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.