You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Finance Department located at our head office in Richmond, BC currently has opportunities for:
Accounting Manager, Disbursement
The Accounting Manager, Disbursement is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable department within PeopleSoft and related general ledger account reconciliations. This position involves tight deadlines, accounting for multiple companies and a variety of accounting activities including general ledger transactions, financial reporting, inventory valuation, year-end audit working paper preparation, and the support of budget and forecasting activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintain processes and procedures that ensure accurate, meaningful financial reporting in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Protect and maintain confidentiality of all financial and operational information.
- Ensure that work within the Accounts payable team is properly allocated, monitored and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure within PeopleSoft and related operational systems.
- Preparation of schedules and reconciliations in support of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Ensure all related policies and procedures are up to date.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop efficient procedures and use of resources.
- Foster a high degree of accuracy and professionalism within the Finance department.
- Advise and mentor staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting and transactions.
- Manage, monitor, and report various aspects of the distribution cost.
- Assist in managing various aspects of inventory management
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and customers
- Respond to inquiries from business Unit Managers, Controller, Assistant Controller and other finance and company-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting and other financial requests.
- Responsible for accruing and analyzing operational costs related to distribution activities.
- Works with the Assistant Controller and Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit for the interim review and year end.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new processes, procedures and technology to enhance workflow efficiency within the department.
- Provide training and mentoring to new and existing staff as required.
- Support Controller & Assistant Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Ensure ongoing and continuous performance management of all staff.
- Any other job-related duties required by the Assistant Corporate Controller.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Adapts easily to change.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Sound judgment and ability to effectively problem solve as required.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment, delegate and follow-up.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, vendors, employees, and fellow management throughout the organization.
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on managing all individuals within a team.
- A designated CPA
- Strong technical accounting skills and in-depth knowledge of ASPE
- Minimum one year of supervisory or team leadership experience.
- Experience working in a large retail chain or head office.
- Advanced PeopleSoft setup and functional knowledge.
- Must have strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)