- Ensure all the invoicing, deposits and adjustments are posted and managed on a timely basis.
- Ensure all work is complete within the team for prompt month end close
- Ensure a proper and consistent workflow is being performed by AR Clerks.
- Ensure the billings are completed and balance of respective accounts receivable accounts are maintained and reconciled.
- Ensure integrity of the financial accuracy or timeliness of the financial reporting, including but not limited to the balancing of the sub ledger to the GL
- Ensure system problems are reported and resolved as required.
- Train and test staff and work on upgrades to the software as needs arise.
- Work with Controller and collections staff to ensure support on collections as required
- Experience in Accounts Receivables particularly with billing/invoicing and collections.
- Some accounting courses and an understanding of GL, Debits/Credits, and Trial Balance.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financial applications is an asset.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
- Initiative to isolate and solve problems.
- Good analytical skills.
- Previous Accounts Receivable experience.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and PeopleSoft skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to fine detail
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
- If you are a well-organized, self-motivated, individual who has a positive attitude and a commitment to achieving Company objectives, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)