Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Lower Mainland market currently has opportunities for:
Assistant Manager - TECH Experience
The Assistant Manager - TECH Experience is a developmental position within the TECH division for individuals exhibiting the ability to progress to the position of Manager – TECH Experience. This person has a passion for, and an understanding of, all categories that make up the TECH business. This role’s main objective is to assist in driving and growing the TECH business as a whole within their store. As a leader and coach, they are responsible for supporting the financial objectives for all areas of the TECH business including Photo Electronics (including Photo Counter), Computer, TECH Services and Audio Video Systems departments.
The Assistant Manager - TECH Experience will ensure the daily delivery of a superior customer experience and will assume the Manager’s responsibilities during their absence. They, in conjunction with the Manager – TECH Experience, are responsible for the development of an effective sales team, responding to all customer and business-to-business relationships. They are an ambassador for London Drugs.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong understanding of the TECH Department’s operational software and support systems.
- Knowledge of desktop PCs and Windows-based operating systems.
- A thorough understanding of all TECH products and services of the Photo Electronics, PhotoLab, Audio Video Systems and Computer categories
- A good working knowledge of the corporate provided Franklin covey workshops such as The 7 Habits for managers and Leadership: Great Leaders, Great Teams, Great results.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of merchandising.
- Update current technical knowledge by attending seminars, product sessions or other methods that will help improve general skills and expertise.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & TASKS:
- Support the monitoring and control of the financial aspect of the TECH area to ensure maximum profitability.
- Assist in managing inventory to meet the TECH areas and customer requirements, while maintaining inventory control.
- Hold the various TECH department teams accountable to maximize sales events and productivity.
- Set daily goals with regard to sales, attachments and tasks. Follow-up regularly with Senior Management and other team members to share successes and challenges.
- Keep up to date on new products, services and information relating to all relevant industry technologies including, but not limited to, key areas such as cameras, mobile phones, PC/laptops/tablets, TECH Services and televisions.
- Keep totally up to date on all Competitors’ ads, sales and services strategies. Regularly shop the competition.
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on managing all individuals within a team.
- Fully supportive of all organizational initiatives.
- Strong focus on developing professional effective selling skills in all employees.
If you are a well organized individual possessing sound supervisory delegation and leadership skills, combined with professional sales experience, who has a positive attitude, a desire to support Company initiatives, and a commitment to achieving Company objectives, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as the potential to earn bonuses. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family
- Company matched RRSPs
- Employee Discount Program
- Postsecondary Entrance Scholarships for you or your children
- Employee Recognition Program
- Community Involvement
Employees will be scheduled 40 hours per week and must be available to work a flexible schedule, Monday through Sunday, for day and evening shifts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)