Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Finance Department located at our head office in Richmond, BC currently has opportunities for:
Assistant Corporate Controller
The Assistant Corporate Controller supports the Corporate Controller in providing leadership in all accounting and finance activities within the company, working to ensure business goals and growth strategies are met. This position plays a vital role in managing the company’s assets while leading a large professional team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Corporate Controller in establishing a business planning process that supports the expected growth of the business, evaluating new business opportunities and performing investment analysis.
- Assess London Drugs financial results with respect to profit, consumer insights, trends, costs and forecasts.
- Responsible for managing transactional accounting functions including Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, inventory and Sales audit
- Assist in creation and delivery of Board/Executive reporting, including Audit Committee package and quarterly and annual Board presentation and financial reports.
- Work with Corporate Controller and other senior financial team members to update and maintain corporate risk profile and ensure annual corporate insurance program is maintained with sufficient and appropriate coverages.
- Assist Corporate Controller in establishing internal financial controls (e.g. SOX)
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Business, Finance or Accounting degree accompanied by a Professional accounting designation (eg. CPA)
- 3 years public accounting firm experience, preferable
- Minimum 7 years of post-designation management experience in a senior accounting/ finance capacity.
- Experience with a midsized ERP package/accounting software (PeopleSoft and Microsoft Dynamics 365).
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical abilities, capable of creative problem-solving with a proven ability to evaluate complex business and accounting issues.
- Excellent financial planning, budgeting, worksheet knowledge and costing skills.
- Strong consumer insights and analytics exposure with the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and build and create business reporting tools.
- Proven sound professional judgment, with the ability to gauge the significance of issues relative to the big picture.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills in motivating, developing, and enhancing the performance of individuals and teams.
- An open minded, approachable and flexible leadership style, promoting a positive, friendly and diverse work environment.
London Drugs offers advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
If you are a well organized, self-motivated, individual who has a positive attitude and a commitment to achieving Company objectives, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)