Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Lower Mainland market currently has opportunities for:
Assistant Department Manager, Insurance Services
A training and developmental role for individuals exhibiting the ability to progress to the position of Department Manager, Insurance. The Assistant Department Manager will provide direction to the Insurance Specialists towards achieving department objectives by assisting in the management of staff, planning and evaluating department activities. The Assistant Department Manager will assume the Department Manager’s responsibilities during their absence.
In addition to the above duties, this is also a customer service position which requires a great deal of customer contact. Accordingly, applicants must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment while at the same time providing quality service in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, vendors, staff and management.
- Strong selling skills.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Ensure on-going and continuous performance management of all staff.
- The ability to train, coach, and develop staff to meet business objectives. Give direction of assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, within a team environment.
- Isolate and solve problems.
- Adapts easily to change.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to relate to all levels of personnel.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment, delegate and follow-up.
- Entrepreneurial: look for ways to build the business.
- CIP/CAIB or minimum LeveI II insurance license.
- Possess a strong insurance technical skill base.
- Knowledge of desktop PCs and Windows-based operating systems.
- Proficient with word and excel.
- Eventual completion of internal corporate leadership and management courses.
- Ability to use all relevant software related to the Insurance Department.
- In depth knowledge of insurance products, services and regulations
If you are a well organized individual possessing professional sales experience, who has a positive attitude, a desire to support company initiatives, and a commitment to achieving company objectives, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as the potential to earn bonuses. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision care coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counselling)
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)