Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Accounting department at our head office in Richmond BC currently has opportunities for an:
Accounts Receivable Senior Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Senior Clerk, is responsible for learning and overseeing all tasks within the Accounts Receivable function. This position reports to the AR Section Lead and is expected to be able to support and back up the Section Lead when the Lead is unavailable. This position requires a commitment to customer service in all dealings with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all the invoicing, deposits and adjustments are posted and managed on a timely basis.
- Ensure all work is complete within the team for prompt month end close
- Ensure a proper and consistent workflow is being performed by AR Clerks.
- Ensure the billings are completed and balance of respective accounts receivable accounts are maintained and reconciled.
- Ensure system problems are reported and resolved as required.
- Train and test staff and work on upgrades to the software as needs arise.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
- Initiative to isolate and solve problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Previous Accounts Receivable experience.
- Experience using PeopleSoft Financial applications.
- Strong computer skills with functional proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and principles.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
If you are a well organized, self-motivated, individual who has a positive attitude, a desire to support Company initiatives, and a commitment to achieving Company objectives, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies and salaries commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
Applicants must be available to work Monday to Friday 8:30-5:00.
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)