Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Accounting department at our head office in Richmond BC currently has an opportunity for:
Accounts Payable Intermediate Clerk
The Accounts Payable Intermediate Clerk is responsible for the verification, coding and data entry of vendor invoices, preparation of vendor account reconciliation and general accounting support as required within the department. This position requires a commitment to customer service in all dealings with both internal and external stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Matching of purchase order receipts against vendor invoices.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements.
- Account coding of non-purchase order invoices.
- Entry of AP transactions into PeopleSoft accounting system.
- Filing and general accounting administrative tasks as required.
- Any other job-related duties required by the manager.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
Education and Knowledge
- High school diploma.
- Basic accounting knowledge acquired through completions of formal courses would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills with functional proficiency using Excel.
- Previous Accounts Payable training or experience is desired.
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and principles.
- Experience working in an EDI environment would be considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff & management.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Professional image, reflecting positively on the company.
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
- Good communication skills within a team environment.
- Initiative to isolate and solve problems.
- Ability to relate to all levels of personnel.
- Ability to keep confidential financial and other proprietary company information.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
Full time, 40 hours, Monday to Friday during Head Office business hours with weekend and evening availability.
London Drugs wishes to thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia, London Drugs' 81 stores employ more than 7,000 staff dedicated to providing our customers with a superior shopping experience.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)